ipCapital Group's 16th Annual Thought Leadership Conference
The New Frontier: AI in Intellectual Property
March 18th - 20th, 2020 | Bonita Springs, FL
Hyatt Coconut Point Resort
Registration is OPEN: please click here to register for this event.
UPDATE: ipCG is pleased to announce that two seminal AI speakers have been added to the agenda:
- Ryan Abbott, patent attorney and professor of health sciences at the University of Surrey in the UK will present the keynote at our conference. Highly regarded for his scholarship, teaching, and professional activities, Ryan’s legal research has focused in three areas: the impact of AI and technological advances, IP issues in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, and the use of informational regulation and market-based mechanisms by health regulatory agencies.
- Stephen Thaler, CEO and Founder of Imagination Engines, will present on DABUS, an AI system that has attracted significant attention via two EPO patent filings that recently were rejected, disallowing DABUS as an inventor and furthering the debate over how patent offices will treat AI inventorship. Stephen’s company, Imagination Engines, Inc. was founded upon key scientific and engineering breakthroughs in the area of artificial neural networks.
See Fast Company’s and MIT Technology Review’s articles on AI as an inventor, and Ryan and Stephen’s role in the Artificial Inventor Project, DABUS and the EPO patent filings.
Join ipCG for one and a half days focused on the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in intellectual property (IP) development and management. Speakers will address their AI project efforts, and discuss strategies for use, benefits, pitfalls, and outcomes - plus what is on the horizon - in this exciting and potentially disruptive area.
As is customary for ipCG’s events, ample time will be allocated to roundtable discussion and Q&A on the topics presented with the attendees.
The schedule includes a welcome reception Wednesday evening, a full day of programming on Thursday (including breakfast, lunch and dinner), and a half day on Friday ending with an AI tools demonstration directly after lunch.
The venue, the Hyatt Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, is a highly rated, beautiful resort on the gulf coast of Florida. Attendees will have preferred room rates which can be extended for several days before and/or after the event to enjoy southwest Florida.
Conference participants: Senior executives, IP directors, Senior IP counsel, and other experts who are instrumental in the design and execution of successful IP management workflows in their firm.
- Updates on a cutting-edge area that is currently affecting not only IP management but all industries;
- Ability to discuss IP issues that are directly relevant to your business; and
- Opportunity to network with individuals in other industries and get fresh ideas.
The following agenda will be updated as speakers are confirmed:
ipCapital Group's 15th Annual Thought Leadership Conference
November 6th & 7th | Chicago, IL
After 14 years in Vermont, this year’s Thought Leadership Conference is hitting the road.
The Conference is an annual event that brings together 30 to 40 key decision makers across a broad selection of industries to focus on IP issues related to business strategy, value generation and potential disruptions in the business environment. We co-hosted this year’s conference at the Willis Tower in Chicago, with one of our preferred IP law firms Marshall Gerstein.
This ¾ day seminar style conference explored “Linking IP and Business”. Conference participants are C-Suite, senior executives, IP managers, and other experts charged with providing insight and advice to the CEO/President.
There are two ways participants benefited:
- Briefings and group discussions on IP topics that are directly relevant to business;
- Opportunity to network with individuals in other industries (we strive to make sure that attendees are not competitors) and get fresh ideas on solutions to persistent problems.
The Conference is fully catered for breakfast and lunch with registration/breakfast starting at 8AM and Opening Remarks at 8:30AM. The Conference wraps up at 3:30PM sharp to allow for return travel.
Visit the conference website for more information.
For further information, contact:
Ellie Smith | Analyst at ipCapital Group
(802)-859-7800 x 215
- "ipCG’s 15th Annual Thought Leadership Conference
- "The RenAIssance of Intellectual Property"
- "Effective Innovation - Transforming Ideas into High-Value IP"
- "12th ipCG Thought Leadership Conference"
- "What If? 11th Annual ipCG Thought Leadership Conference"
- "Capturing the Value of Intangible Assets"
- "Connectovate?: Innovate Across Connections to Create Value"
- "Transforming Ideas into Distinguished Results"
- "Creating Business Advantage with IP"
- "Connecting IP and Business Strategy"